- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal target wants move, £60m will get deal done
According to the Mirror, Arsenal could finally land £60m striker Alexandre Lacazette this summer after he confirmed his desire to leave Lyon at the end of the season.
Lacazette has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and the newspaper claims that we held talks with the striker last summer about a possible switch to the Emirates.
He eventually opted to stay with Lyon and sign a new deal but it looks like the 25-year-old is already looking to move-on in search of a new challenge.
Lacazette has been quoted by the Mirror as saying that he wants to find a new club this summer in order to progress his career and will work hard during the second half of the season in order to attract potential suitors.
“I think that this summer will be the time where I will need a change of scenery and discover something else, still with the idea of advancing and progressing in terms of football and as a person.
“I am going to continue to work, in the hope that good opportunities will come this summer.”
So it looks as though Lacazette will be on the move this summer and the Mirror name Arsenal as one of the clubs who will be interested in signing the French international at the end of the season.
However, we’ll have to dig deep as the paper says that his contract includes a £60m buyout clause and Lyon have made it clear we’ll have to pay the full value in order to sign the striker.
So, what to make of these latest rumours? Well, Lacazette is constantly linked with Arsenal so it’s no surprise so see his name alongside ours again in the papers.
But I personally think we’ll only be after a striker this summer if we’re forced to sell Alexis Sanchez due to his contract situation.
Perhaps Lacazette will be on our list of potential replacements and he would certainly add a goal threat to our squad as he’s scored 21 goals in his 25 appearances so far this campaign.
However, I still pray Alexis signs a new deal. Some would argue we would still need another striker even if the chilean does stay but Giroud has signed a new deal and we also have Welbeck and Perez so I think Wenger feels he is well stocked up front.