- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal a ‘likely destination’ for world class striker this summer
According to the Mirror, Arsenal will finally make a big money swoop for Karim Benzema this summer and have been described as a ‘likely destination’ for the unsettled Real Madrid striker.
Benzema has long been linked with a move to Arsenal with speculation dating back over eight year when the striker was still in Ligue 1 with Lyon.
Rumours resurfaced once again last month when reports suggested that Benzema could be heading for the exit door after falling out with the Bernabeu faithful.
The French international has been booed by his own fans on a regular basis in recent weeks after struggling to find his best form and the Mirror claim that he’ll quit Madrid at the end of the season.
Predictably, Arsenal’s name is once again been linked with the report suggesting that we’ll make a formal move for the unsettled 29-year-old this summer.
The newspaper says that Benzema is ready for a new challenge away from Spain and indicates that the Emirates is one of the most ‘likely destinations’ for the striker.
We’ll have to wait and see how much truth there is behind these latest rumours but I do think this could be the summer that Benzema finally leaves Madrid – especially if, as expected, the Spanish giants land Aubameyang.
However, will he end up at Arsenal? Much could depend on the future of Arsene Wenger and I don’t think the club can be planning a big money purchase like Benzema until we know whether the boss will be signing a new deal or calling it a day.
The future of Alexis Sanchez could also play an important role as if the Chilean refuses to sign a new deal then we may be forced to cash-in this summer rather than risk losing him for nothing in 2018.
Benzema is certainly the caliber of player we should be looking at as a replacement if Sanchez does leave but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that as it would be a huge blow to lose our Chilean superstar.