- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
[Player Ratings] Sanchez & Cech flop for shocking Arsenal v Chelsea
Arsenal’s Premier League hopes are over for another year after we slumped to a 3-1 defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge this afternoon.
The first goal was controversial as it should never have stood after Alonso knocked Bellerin out [literally] with an elbow to the face as he headed home the opener. We missed a couple of great chances to get level and predictably paid the price as Hazard danced his way through the team to make it 2-0.
Cech then gifted Fabregas a third and while Giroud grabbed a late consolation we left west London with a 3-1 defeat which leaves us 12 points behind Chelsea and out of the title race.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 4/10 | Horror mistake to gift Fabregas the third goal. I also think he should he have tipped Costa’s header over the bar in the lead up to the first goal.
Bellerin N/A | Cleaned out by Alonso and forced off after getting elbowed in the face. Clear foul, but referee allowed the goal to stand.
Mustafi 6/10 | Missed a great chance to make it 2-1 with a free header but kept Costa under wraps for the most part.
Koscielny 5/10 | Superb last ditch tackle to deny Hazard a clear run on goal but shocking defending for the second.
Monreal 5/10 | Finally put in a decent cross to assist Giroud’s goal but was otherwise poor all over the pitch.
Coquelin 4/10 | Gave away possession for the first and second goals in what was a shocking display.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.5/10 | Our best player and he has real potential in the central midfield role. Had nothing to play with today but can hold his head high.
Walcott 4/10 | Stood and watched Alonso head home the opener without making any sort of challenge. No threat at the other end.
Ozil 5/10 | Wasted a good chance to level things up just before half time and didn’t turn up when we needed him most. His form is becoming a real worry.
Iwobi 5/10 | Sloppy in possession and missed a decent early chance to test Courtois.
Sanchez 4/10 | Far too selfish once again and kept running all over the pitch to gain possession when he should have been a focal point up front.
Gabriel 5/10 | Missed a great headed chance to level things up in the 37th minute. Huge miss.
Giroud 6/10 | Nice header as a consolation.
Welbeck N/A | On too late, should have started ahead of Iwobi.