- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal boss confirms star will miss Chelsea, ruled out for 3 weeks
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Aaron Ramsey will miss tomorrow’s Chelsea game after being ruled out for 3 weeks with a calf injury.
Ramsey went down clutching his leg inside the opening 20 minutes of our disappointing 2-1 defeat to Watford at the Emirates on Tuesday night.
The Welshman limped off and was replaced by Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wenger confirmed after the game that Rambo has suffered a calf strain.
Reports yesterday suggested that the club feared the midfielder could be facing a lengthy absence but Wenger has now revealed that Ramsey is expected to be out for around 3 weeks.
It means the 26-year-old will now miss tomorrow’s crucial trip to Stamford Bridge to face Premier League leaders Chelsea while he’ll also sit out the visit of Hull City next weekend.
Ramsey will then miss the first leg of our Champions League last-16 clash with Bayern Munich as well as our FA Cup fifth round trip to Sutton United, so he’s likely to miss a total of four games.
However, as long as he doesn’t suffer any setbacks, then Rambo should be back in contention for the trip to Anfield to take on Liverpool on Match 4th.
His absence this weekend leaves Wenger with limited options in midfield against Chelsea as Granit Xhaka is still suspended, Mohamed Elneny is away at the Africa Cup of Nations while Santi Cazorla remains out with an Achilles injury.
Thankfully Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is expected to shake-off a minor knee problem so should line-up alongside Francis Coquelin tomorrow with youngster Ainsley Maitland-Niles providing back-up from the bench.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning, Wenger told reporters:
Arsenal boss Wenger says Ramsey is out for 3 weeks
— John Cross (@johncrossmirror) February 3, 2017