- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal boss confirms interest in ‘next Thierry Henry’
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that the club are keeping a close eye on Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe and has likened the youngster to Thierry Henry.
Mbappe has been with Monaco since joining the club from AS Bondy in 2013 and has progressed through the youth ranks before breaking in to the first team last season.
The 18-year-old has been in impressive form this campaign having scored six goals in his 17 appearances for the Ligue 1 outfit this season and understandably he’s attracting interest from a number of clubs.
The Metro claim that the likes of Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain are both tracking the teenager but it looks as though Arsenal are also hot on the heels of the highly-rated striker.
Speaking to the official YouTube channel of Ligue 1, Wenger confirmed that he is keeping a close eye on Mbappe’s progress and even compared the youngster to Arsenal legend Thierry Henry.
The France under-19 international recently signed a new deal with Monaco but with Wenger impressed by his progress so far, we could see the boss pounce if Mbappe continues to develop during the second half of the season.
He’s quoted as saying by the Metro:
‘Mbappe is not exactly Thierry Henry but it’s true that he has similar qualities,’
‘The future, the talent is similar. The potential is similar. After that, has he the same level of motivation, desire and intelligence that Thierry had? The next two or three years will tell us that. The first signs you see are very similar, yes.’
‘Yes, we follow him and we know him very well and he is developing well. I think he has extended his contract last season at Monaco so it’s Monaco who will decide about his future.
‘We could have another Thierry Henry.’
Henry is one of the greatest players to every play for Arsenal so this is high praise indeed from Wenger. If Mbappe has just half the ability Thierry had then I say we should snap him up asap!