- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal handed major boost ahead of Bayern Munich clash
According to Goal, Arsenal have been handed a major boost ahead of our Champions League clash with Bayern Munich after Frank Ribery picked up a thigh injury in training.
Ribery was reportedly involved in a clash with Mats Hummels in training today and was whisked away to undergo tests where it was confirmed that he has suffered a thigh strain.
Goal claim that Bayern have revealed the French international is expected to be out for at least two weeks which means he’s a serious doubt to face Arsenal.
We head to the Allianz Arena for the first leg of our Champions League last-16 tie on February 15 – two weeks tomorrow – so Ribery is facing a race against time to get himself ready.
Even if the 33-year-old is back he’s unlikely to be 100% fit so it’s a major boost for us as we look to finally get the better of the German giants in the knockout stages of the Champions League.
This isn’t the first time Ribery could miss an Arsenal match as he sat out our clash back in 2013 due to an ankle problem before missing our last-16 tie the following year with a buttock injury.
However, it wasn’t all positive news as Goal claim that Arturo Vidal and Arjen Robben are winning their fitness battles to be ready for Arsenal and they could make their returns against Schalke this weekend.