- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal star quizzed by police over alleged racist abuse of women
According to the Evening Standard, Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka could be in hot water after being quizzed by police after he allegedly racially abused a women staff member at Heathrow airport on Monday.
The newspaper claims that Xhaka voluntarily attended the police station where he was interviewed under caution after allegedly getting in to an altercation with a staff member at Terminal Five.
It’s claimed that the 24-year-old Arsenal star called the lady in question a ‘f**cking white b**ch’ after his friend was refused entry to a flight to Germany. Xhaka was not arrested or charged but investigations in to the matter continue.
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson told Standard Sport.
“Police were called at 19:29hrs on Monday, 23 January following an allegation that a member of staff had been racially abused at Heathrow Airport, Terminal Five,”
“The allegation was made by a third party. Officers attended and spoke with a man in his 20s. He was not arrested. He voluntarily attended a west London police station where he was interviewed under caution. Enquires continue.”
Granit has supposedly denied making the remarks towards the staff member and Arsenal say they consider this to be a private matter that’s being dealt with by the police.
It caps what’s been a disappointing few days for Xhaka as this ordeal with the police came shortly after he was sent off during our win over Burnley and Arsene Wenger has apparently called him in for crunch talks over his ill-discipline.