- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Arsenal open talks with £38m attacker over possible move – report
According to a report in the Express, Arsenal have opened talks with Paris Saint-Germain attacker Lucas Moura over a potential move to north London this summer.
The newspaper says that with the club still struggling to agree terms with Alexis Sanchez over a new deal, Arsene Wenger is lining-up possible replacements if the Chilean international doesn’t pen a new deal over the coming months.
Sanchez has entered the final 18 months of his current deal and not only is he being offered huge wages from China but he’s cut a frustrated figure at times in recent weeks as we look set to blow yet another title race.
That’s not to say we won’t come to an agreement with Alexis [and please god I hope we do] but the Express claim that Wenger has identified Moura as a potential replacement if we’re forced to cash in on Sanchez this summer.
Moura joined PSG in 2013 in a £38m deal and has enjoyed his time in France with the Brazilian international chipping in with 37 goals and 42 assists in his 197 appearances so far for the Ligue 1 champions
However, the arrival of Julian Draxler has cast doubt over the 24-year-old’s future at the Parc des Princes and it looks as though Arsenal are ready to offer him a fresh start if he falls out-of-favour during the second half of the season.
The Express claim that Arsenal chiefs have already made contact with Moura’s camp to hold talks over a possible move to North London this summer but it remains to be seen whether PSG will be open to selling.
Like most fans, I pray we manage to tie Sanchez down to a new deal asap but if the worst happens and he refuses to sign then we may be forced to sell this summer and Moura would be an excellent signing if we could get a deal agreed.
The South American is predominantly played from the right-wing but he’s capable of playing on the left side of attack too so he’d give the boss plenty of options in the final third and he has the ability to be a real star.
The only slight concern might be whether he’ll be able to adapt to Premier League football but that can be said of most foreign players so you just have to take a chance sometimes.