- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Arsenal confident of signing 23-year-old Bundesliga star – report
According to a report in the Sun, Arsenal are confident of sealing a move to sign Bosnian international left-back Sead Kolasinac ahead of Juventus next summer.
The 23-year-old has been with Schalke his entire career and progressed through the youth ranks before breaking in to the first team set-up in 2012.
Kolasniac was originally a centre-back or holding midfielder but has developed in to one of the most promising left-back’s in German football since being converted by boss Jens Keller.
He’s gone on to make over 100 appearances for Schalke as well as earn 17 caps for Bosnia and it looks as though his potential hasn’t gone unnoticed at Arsenal, or across Europe for that matter.
The Sun claim that Arsene Wenger has identified Kolasniac as a long-term replacement for Nacho Monreal and is hopeful of securing a deal to sign the full-back at the end of the season.
The newspaper says that Juventus have also held talks with the player’s agent about a potential move to Italy but have been unable to agree a deal, leaving Arsenal confident they will win the race for his signature.
We’ll have to wait and see whether anything comes of these reports but I personally wouldn’t be surprised if we were in the market for a new left-back and expect one to arrive next summer.
Monreal hasn’t been up to his usual high standards this season and the soon-to-be 31-year-old has been fortunate to keep hold of the first team shirt in my opinion.
Kieran Gibbs has performed reasonably well when given the chance but he’s only started 2 Premier League games this season and with his contract up in 2018, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave this summer.
That would leave a void needing to be filled and if the Sun’s report is accurate then it looks as though Arsenal are eyeing Kolasniac as the man to challenge Monreal for the first team shirt next season.