- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Arsenal transfer news: Midfielder close to exit + £14m keeper deal
There isn’t too much speculation circulating regarding in-comings at Arsenal right now but it looks as though a couple of players could be heading out of the club in the near future.
Szczesny to Roma for £14m
First up and the Express are carrying a report originating from Corriere dello Sport that claims AS Roma are ready to make Wojciech Szczesny’s move permanent in a £14m deal.
Szczesny is currently enjoying his second loan spell at the Serie A giants after falling out-of-favour under Arsene Wenger almost two years ago following some questionable displays between the sticks.
The Polish international must be doing something right over in Italy as the Express report claims that Roma are now ready to make the goalkeepers move permanent this month.
The newspaper says that Roma have an agreement in place to sign the 26-year-old for £14m at the end of the season but they want to bring forward the deal to prevent other clubs from getting involved.
I always had high hopes for Szczesny at Arsenal as I think he has all the ingredients to be a top class keeper but sadly it just hasn’t worked out for him in north London so far.
I personally think he was thrown in to the first team too soon and if he was given more time to develop and mature before taking over the gloves, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was now our established No.1.
However, it looks as though his career at the Emirates is set to come to an end and £14m for an out-of-favour goalkeeper isn’t a bad deal.
Next up and the Mirror are one of several media outlets who are reporting that Borussia Dortmund are in talks to sign Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem.
The 19-year-old was once heralded as a future star at the Emirates after joining the club in 2013 but he’s struggled to force his way in to Wenger’s first team plans and he’s yet to make an appearance in the Premier League.
A loan spell at Rangers last season was meant to toughen him up in the hope that he’d be ready to push for a place in the squad this year but a couple of fleeting appearances in the EFL Cup is the best we’ve had.
With Zelalem’s contract due to expire at the end of the season, the Mirror claim that Dortmund are now in advanced talks with the midfielders camp about a move to Germany.
If the move goes through, Arsenal will only be owed a training compensation fee which will be a disappointing end to what began as a promising career in north London.