- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
Arsenal left to sweat as star undergoes scan on fresh ankle injury
According to ESPN, Arsenal are sweating over the fitness of Hector Bellerin with the right-back set to undergo a scan today on an ankle injury.
Bellerin was left out of Saturday’s 2-1 win over Preston North End in the third round of the FA Cup and many just assumed Arsene Wenger had rested the youngster.
The boss later confirmed to reporters that Bellerin was in fact ruled out with a knock but he refused to be drawn on the severity of the injury.
However, ESPN claim that Hector suffered a fresh ankle injury after taking a kick in training on Friday and is due to undergo a test today to determine the full extent of the problem.
Club insiders have told ESPN that they are hopeful the injury is only short-term but they are understandably nervous given Bellerin’s recent problems with ankle issues.
The 21-year-old missed over a month after suffering an ankle injury during the closing stages of our 1-1 draw with Tottenham back in November with the problem being aggravated after he linked up with the Spanish under-21′s the following week.
We better pray that Bellerin makes a swift recovery as we have little back-up to call upon with Mathieu Debuchy still injured/out-of-favour and Carl Jenkinson dropped amid concerns over his confidence following some poor displays.
Gabriel has performed OK when called upon but he lacks the skills going forward that Bellerin offers while youngster Ainsley Maitland-Niles looked out of his depth at times during the FA Cup tie with Preston on Saturday.
So another lay off for Bellerin would be a HUGE blow as we look to get our title challenge back on track with games against Swansea, Burnley and Watford coming up this month as well as an FA Cup fourth round tie.