- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
[Player Ratings] Giroud rescues sloppy Arsenal vs West Brom
Olivier Giroud scored a vital late winner as Arsenal beat an ultra-defensive West Bromwich Albion 1-0 at the Emirates this afternoon.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 6/10 | Had virtually nothing to do but almost gifted West Brom a goal after flapping at a 70th minute corner.
Bellerin 7/10 | Saw plenty of the ball and was dangerous in attack but fluffed a great chance to score with a header.
Gabriel 6/10 | Was an easy day’s work at the back and did his bit to keep the clean sheet.
Koscielny 6/10 | Dealt well with the threat of the isolated Rondon.
Gibbs 6.5/10 | Given little trouble at the back and was keen to get involved going forward but hobbled off with 20 minutes to go. Hopefully it’s nothing serious.
Coquelin 6.5/10 | Did okay but I really didn’t see the need for him in a game like today. Would rather Ramsey had started in the middle.
Xhaka 7/10 | Controlled the game but he could have been a little more adventurous with his forward passing and his long-shots were well off target.
Sanchez 7/10 | Rattled the post shortly after half time before forcing Foster in to a fine save. Our most dangerous attacker.
Ozil 6.5/10 | A disappointing game before he produced a superb cross to set-up Giroud for the winner.
Iwobi 6/10 | A couple of scuffed shots was as good as it got for Iwobi. Kept cutting inside instead of committing his man out wide, which played in to their hands.
Giroud 6.5/10 | Frustrated for long spells as he didn’t have much service to work from until Ozil’s 86th minute cross led to his superb headed winner.
Perez 6/10 | Lovely cross should have led to a goal.
Monreal 6/10 | On for Gibbs.
Ramsey 6/10 | Almost scored but was denied by a fine save.