- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
[Player Ratings] Ozil & Monreal flop as Arsenal crash at Man City
Arsenal once again threw away a one-goal lead after crashing 2-1 to Manchester City this afternoon to leave our ‘title challenge’ hanging by a thread.
Theo Walcott opened the scoring in the 5th minute but we let City back in the game with a cheap [offside] goal just after half time and to put it simply, we collapsed. The predictable City second goal came in the 71st minute as Sterling beat Cech at his near post to consign us to our second 2-1 defeat in four days to leave us nine points adrift of Chelsea.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 6/10 | Made a couple of decent saves but was once again beaten at his near post for City’s second.
Bellerin 6/10 | Great lung-busting run to help set-up the opener and was at least trying out there today.
Gabriel 5.5/10 | Completely lost Sane for his goal and was shaky for much of the second half.
Koscielny 5/10 | Not his usual self. Nowhere to be seen for either goal and got away with some other sloppy mistakes.
Monreal 5/10 | Shocking defending allowed Sterling to cut in to score the winner. Time for Gibbs to be given a run at left-back.
Coquelin 5/10 | Another pointless performance. Not sure what he even brings to the team anymore.
Xhaka 5/10 | Couldn’t handle the City press in the second half and wasn’t his usual cool self on the ball.
Walcott 6/10 | Lovely composed finish to break the deadlock but spent more time chasing back than being a threat in their half.
Özil 4/10 | An absolute passenger for most of the game. Body language was awful as he strolled around the pitch at times when we were meant to be chasing an equaliser. Once again failed to turn up when we needed him.
Iwobi 5/10 | Too many stray passes and had little impact on the game. Not sure why he started ahead of Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Sanchez 6/10 | Superb reverse pass to set-up Walcott but was otherwise quiet as he was left isolated up front. Penny for his thoughts after today’s game.
Giroud 5/10 | No impact at all
Oxlade-Chamberlain N/A | Barely on for ten minutes before limping off.
Elneny N/A | No idea why he was brought on ahead of Perez when we were chasing a goal?!