- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
[Player Ratings] Arsenal 3-1 Stoke: How Wenger’s men rated
Arsenal moved top of the Premier League table thanks to a 3-1 comeback win over Stoke at the Emirates this afternoon with Theo Walcott, Mesut Ozil and Alex Iwobi all getting on the score-sheet.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 6.5/10 | Good save to deny Crouch an equaliser at 2-1 but once again no where near the penalty. He needs to work on his penalty-saving skills!
Gabriel 7/10 | More comfortable when he moved in to the middle following Mustafi’s injury. Solid at the back.
Mustafi N/A | Forced off after 24 minutes with a hamstring injury. Hopefully it’s not too serious.
Koscielny 7/10 | Another solid performance from our skipper. Dealt with whatever Stoke threw at us.
Monreal 6.5/10 | Given a bit of a tough time by Shaqiri in the first half but kept him quiet after the break.
Coquelin 6.5/10 | Broke up some play around the pitch but not convinced he was required in a game like this. If Ramsey was fit I like to think he’d have started.
Xhaka 7/10 | I thought he was very unfortunate to give away a cheap penalty but great on possession and made some useful tackles too.
Walcott 7/10 | Superb finish to poke home for 1-1 and almost scored a lovely solo effort near the end. Didn’t do much in-between though.
Ozil 7.5/10 | Pretty subdued in the first half but was far more involved after the break and scored a stunning header to give us the lead.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.5/10 | Superb floated pass to assist Ozil for our second goal and almost got on the score-sheet himself with a decent effort from outside the box. Another impressive display.
Sanchez 7.5/10 | Lovely ball in the build-up to the equaliser and got the assist for Iwobi’s goal. Another busy performance from the Chilean.
Bellerin 7/10 | Changed the game for us as he offered real pace and width down the right. Great cross to set-up Walcott for the vital equaliser.
Iwobi 7/10 | Great to see him on the score-sheet again with a lovely finish.
Giroud 6/10 | Only on for 15 minutes.
So the win sees us go top of the table on goals scored form Chelsea so let’s hope West Brom can do us a favour tomorrow afternoon.