- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
New Arsenal signing praises ‘quality’ Ozil for his ‘magic’ skills
Arsenal’s big-money summer signing Granit Xhaka has heaped praise on Mesut Ozil saying the German has unrivalled quality and a ‘magic’ left foot.
Xhaka joined Arsenal in a £34m deal from Borussia Mönchengladbach back in May 2016 and although he’s taken his time to establish himself as a regular under Arsene Wenger, he’s still managed to strike-up a fine understanding with many of his new team mates.
None-more-so than with Mesut Ozil and Xhaka has now taken the opportunity to praise our German attacker by saying he’s never seen a quality quite like Ozil before which is all possible thanks to his ‘magic’ left foot.
Xhaka is quoted as saying by the Evening Standard:
“Mesut has a quality that I personally have never experienced before,”
“He has an absolute magic left foot, is fast – even if it does not look like that sometimes.
“He works a lot for the team. For me, he is one of the best tens in the world.”
I think it’s safe to say we all agree with Granit on this one. Ozil certainly has a magic left foot and is one of the best No.10’s in world football.
Personally, I think the Xhaka-Ozil combination has serious potential. I’ve said for several weeks that Ozil is missing Cazorla’s distribution from deep in midfield and Xhaka has the passing range to replace Santi in the long-term.
The Swiss international was excellent against Bournemouth at the weekend, especially in the second half, so let’s hope Wenger decides to hand him more regular starts from now on as I think Xhaka has the potential to be a key player for us.