- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
[Photos] 5 youngsters train with Arsenal first team ahead of EFL Cup
Five youngsters were invited to train with the Arsenal first team today ahead of our EFL Cup clash with Southampton on Wednesday night.
Krystian Bielik, Stephy Mavididi, Marc Bola, Ismael Bennacer and Ainsley Maitland-Niles are all regulars with the under-23’s but they trained with the big-boys today suggesting they may be involved against the Saints tomorrow.
Arsene Wenger is expected to shuffle his pack once again for the League Cup quarter final clash with several of our key men set to be rested ahead of Saturday’s Premier League game with West Ham.
However, Mesut Ozil, Theo Walcott, Granit Xhaka, Nacho Monreal and Alexis Sanchez were among the first team regulars who took part in training this afternoon so they could yet be involved against Southampton.
I think we’ll see a starting eleven mixed with youth and experience with the likes of Emi Martinez, Rob Holding, Maitland-Niles and Reine-Adelaide all starting alongside more experienced names such as Gabriel, Kieran Gibbs, Francis Coquelin and Lucas Perez – who’s back after recovering from an ankle injury.
Here are some photos from today’s training session courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty Images account: