- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
[Player Ratings] Sanchez & Xhaka shine as Arsenal put 3 past AFCB
Alexis Sanchez scored twice and Theo Walcott celebrated the birth of his second child as Arsenal eased to a 3-1 win over Bournemouth at the Emirates this afternoon.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 7/10 – Superb save to deny Afobe from close range following a 76th minute corner while the score was at 2-1.
Debuchy N/A – Off injured inside the opening 20 minutes on his comeback.
Koscielny 7/10 – Another solid display by the skipper against a dangerous Bournemouth attack.
Mustafi 7/10 – Made some excellent recovery tackles and showed some great footwork too.
Monreal 6/10 – A little unlucky to give away a soft penalty but made amends by setting up Walcott for the second goal. However, should have given away a certain penalty for handball in the second half.
Xhaka 8/10 – Pretty quiet in the first half but excellent after the break. Made several tackles and instigated quick counter-attacks with his precise passing. HAS to keep his place.
Elneny 7/10 – An industrious performance from the Egyptian who hunted the ball all over the field as he looked to disrupt their passing flow.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 7/10 – His pace and directness caused Bournemouth problems. Was lively and clearly keen to impress.
Walcott 7.5/10 – Was always a threat down the right and bust-out the baby celebration after scoring the second goal with a far post header.
Ozil 7.5/10 – Missed an early chance to open the scoring but great work in the build-up to the second goal. Linked up well with Sanchez at times and showed some superb touches today.
Sanchez 8.5/10 – Pounced on the poor back pass to open the scoring and crashed a powerful effort off the bar. Produced a superb outside of the foot pass to Ozil in the second half before scoring his second late on. Never stopped working and was the difference for us in this game.
Gabriel 6.5/10 – Looked uncomfortable early on at right-back but settled in to the role and did a decent job.
Ramsey 6/10 – Missed a decent chance to get himself on the score-sheet.
Giroud 7/10 – Another great impact off the bench as he set-up Sanchez for the third goal with a fine cut-back.