- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
[Video] Coutinho Tries To Recreate Bergkamp’s Famous Arsenal Goal
Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho has tried to recreate Dennis Bergkamp’s famous goal during Arsenal’s win over Newcastle back in 2002.
As part of the BT Sport #GoalsRecreated campaign, Coutinho was given four attempts to pull off what was a sensational piece of skill by the non-flying Dutchman.
I’m sure you all know the goal we’re talking about, when Dennis received the ball with his back to goal, flicked it round Nikos Dabizas, span around the Newcastle defender in the opposite direction before cooly slotting past Shay Given.
It was an exquisite goal and one that few could even attempt under the pressure of a Premier League game, never mind on the training pitch.
Coutinho has been in excellent form for Liverpool this season and being Brazilian, he has a few tricks up his sleeve, so I’m sure he was confident of pulling it off.
Check out how he got on below:
As you can see, it took Coutinho all four attempts before he managed to recreate the goal, and given he was doing it on the training pitch against a defender who wasn’t trying to stop him, it shows us just how gifted Bergkamp was to score that goal in an actual league game.
It will forever go down as one of my all-time favourite goals.