- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Video: Sanchez eases injury fears with superb 2-goal haul for Chile
Alexis Sanchez showed no signs of any hamstring trouble last night as he scored two superb goals to help Chile to a 3-1 victory over Uruguay in their latest World Cup qualifier.
Sanchez suffered a hamstring strain in training last week and Arsene Wenger voiced his concern after Chile confirmed they were planning to rush the Arsenal star back for their crucial clash with Uruguay on Tuesday night.
Alexis returned to full training wearing heavy bandaging just five days after sustaining the injury and was declared available for selection by the Chile national team on Monday, much to the bemusement of anyone associated with Arsenal F.C.
Sanchez started against Uruguay last night and thankfully he showed no ill effects of the hamstring problem. In fact, he looked as sharp as ever after scoring two superb goals to help Chile secure an important 3-1 win.
Alexis fired the hosts ahead at 2-1 with a powerful shot on the turn before holding off two defenders to slot home the third in the 75th minute. Sanchez was then substituted but thankfully he showed no signs of his hamstring concern so it looks as though we’ve got away with it.
I’m sure Alexis had to be given a number of pain killing injections to play last night so we’re going to have to wait and see how the hamstring responds over the coming days before his availability for the Man Utd game on Saturday is determined.
Watch Sanchez’s goals below: