- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Arsenal dealt major injury blow with star ruled out for 3 weeks
According to the Mirror, Arsenal have been dealt a HUGE injury blow with Hector Bellerin ruled out for at least three weeks with ankle ligament damage.
Bellerin withdrew from the Spanish under-21 squad after aggravating a long-standing ankle injury in training earlier this week.
Hector initially picked up the problem while playing for the Spaniard’s during last month’s international break and Arsene Wenger tried to carefully manage his workload, which included resting the defender for our Champions League clash with Ludogorets last week.
Bellerin was back in the starting eleven to face Tottenham on Sunday but it’s understood he felt his ankle again following a tackle with Danny Rose and subsequently aggravated the issue further while training with the Spanish youngsters.
The 21-year-old flew back to north London to undergo scans and the Mirror claim that the results show ligament damage which is expected to keep him out for at least 3 weeks.
It means Bellerin will now miss next weeks trip to Man Utd, our huge Champions League clash with PSG as well as further league games with Bournemouth and Southampton.
The full-back will then be facing a race against time to take on West Ham at the start of December and could even miss subsequent matches with Basel and Stoke if the injury proves difficult to shift.
The news is a MAJOR blow as Bellerin is a key player and we now have to draft in Carl Jenkinson for a key period of games which could define our season.
I love Jenks but he’s not 100% fit and is nowhere near Bellerin’s level so we’re going to miss the Spaniard over the coming weeks if this reports proves accurate.