- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
Arsenal star named Champions League player of the week
Arsene star Mesut Ozil has been named as the Champions League Player of the Week following his superb display against Ludogorets last week.
Ozil was at his best once again during a thrilling contest in Bulgaria last Tuesday with the German international assisting Granit Xhaka for our first goal with a smart cut-back after we’d gone 2-0 down.
The plamaker then proved to be the match-winner as he raced clear to score a stunning solo effort during the closing minutes of the game to seal a dramatic comeback and secure all three points.
The victory saw Arsenal remain top of our Champions League Group A table ahead of PSG and booked our place in the knockout stages of the Europe’s elite competition for the 17th consecutive season.
Ozil has now been rewarded for his superb display against Ludogorets by being named as the Champions League Player of the Week for match-day four.
— Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) November 7, 2016