- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
Confirmed: Arsenal star to be rested ahead of Man Utd clash
Arsenal have been handed a major boost after it was confirmed that Mesut Ozil has been given a well earned rest by Joachim Low after being left out of the latest German international squad.
It was reported in the newspapers on Thursday that Low was ready to leave Ozil out of his squad and Arsene Wenger admitted at his press conference that he had heard ‘noise’ that the playmaker was set to be given a rest.
The rumours have now been confirmed after Low announced his 25-man squad for their upcoming double header and Ozil has indeed been given a breather.
It means Mesut will miss the World Cup qualifier against San Marino as well as the friendly with Italy over the international break and will instead be given time to recharge his batteries, hopefully with his feet up on a beach somewhere.
The news will be welcomed by Wenger as Ozil will therefore be well rested ahead of a busy period that sees us take on Manchester United straight after the international break before further games against PSG, Bournemouth and Southampton before the end of the month.