- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Confirmed: Arsenal star to be rested ahead of Man Utd clash
Arsenal have been handed a major boost after it was confirmed that Mesut Ozil has been given a well earned rest by Joachim Low after being left out of the latest German international squad.
It was reported in the newspapers on Thursday that Low was ready to leave Ozil out of his squad and Arsene Wenger admitted at his press conference that he had heard ‘noise’ that the playmaker was set to be given a rest.
The rumours have now been confirmed after Low announced his 25-man squad for their upcoming double header and Ozil has indeed been given a breather.
It means Mesut will miss the World Cup qualifier against San Marino as well as the friendly with Italy over the international break and will instead be given time to recharge his batteries, hopefully with his feet up on a beach somewhere.
The news will be welcomed by Wenger as Ozil will therefore be well rested ahead of a busy period that sees us take on Manchester United straight after the international break before further games against PSG, Bournemouth and Southampton before the end of the month.