- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Confirmed: Arsenal star to be rested ahead of Man Utd clash
Arsenal have been handed a major boost after it was confirmed that Mesut Ozil has been given a well earned rest by Joachim Low after being left out of the latest German international squad.
It was reported in the newspapers on Thursday that Low was ready to leave Ozil out of his squad and Arsene Wenger admitted at his press conference that he had heard ‘noise’ that the playmaker was set to be given a rest.
The rumours have now been confirmed after Low announced his 25-man squad for their upcoming double header and Ozil has indeed been given a breather.
It means Mesut will miss the World Cup qualifier against San Marino as well as the friendly with Italy over the international break and will instead be given time to recharge his batteries, hopefully with his feet up on a beach somewhere.
The news will be welcomed by Wenger as Ozil will therefore be well rested ahead of a busy period that sees us take on Manchester United straight after the international break before further games against PSG, Bournemouth and Southampton before the end of the month.