- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Arsenal duo nominated for FIFA 2016 ‘Best Player’ award
Arsenal duo Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez have been named on a 23-man shortlist for the FIFA 2016 ‘Best Player’ award.
Ozil has been in outstanding form for Arsenal this year and while we all know he’s the ‘assist king’, the German international has now added goals to his game this season with 7 in his 13 appearances so far.
Sanchez has been consistently brilliant all year for Arsenal but he also starred for Chile once again in the summer after playing a key role in his country retaining the Copa America, with the attacker named as the Player of the Tournament.
Ozil and Sanchez were inexplicably overlooked for the recent Ballon d’Or shortlist but thankfully they’ve been named on the 23-man shortlist for the FIFA 2016 ‘Best Player’ award.
They obviously face some stiff competition from all the usual candidates such as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar, with the winner being announced at a ceremony in Zurich on January 9th 2017.
Here is a full list of the nominees: