- Ozil & Sanchez out: My Arsenal XI to face Basel
- Arsenal drawn to face Preston in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
- Wenger’s team news: 1 player returns, 1 ruled out + Sanchez update
- [Photos] Triple injury boost for Arsenal as trio return to training
- [Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
- Video: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Sanchez bags stunning hat trick
- Teams: West Ham v Arsenal: Xhaka & Gabriel start
- Man City duo Aguero & Fernandinho set to miss crucial Arsenal match
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
Arsenal duo nominated for FIFA 2016 ‘Best Player’ award
Arsenal duo Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez have been named on a 23-man shortlist for the FIFA 2016 ‘Best Player’ award.
Ozil has been in outstanding form for Arsenal this year and while we all know he’s the ‘assist king’, the German international has now added goals to his game this season with 7 in his 13 appearances so far.
Sanchez has been consistently brilliant all year for Arsenal but he also starred for Chile once again in the summer after playing a key role in his country retaining the Copa America, with the attacker named as the Player of the Tournament.
Ozil and Sanchez were inexplicably overlooked for the recent Ballon d’Or shortlist but thankfully they’ve been named on the 23-man shortlist for the FIFA 2016 ‘Best Player’ award.
They obviously face some stiff competition from all the usual candidates such as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar, with the winner being announced at a ceremony in Zurich on January 9th 2017.
Here is a full list of the nominees: