- Ozil & Sanchez out: My Arsenal XI to face Basel
- Arsenal drawn to face Preston in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
- Wenger’s team news: 1 player returns, 1 ruled out + Sanchez update
- [Photos] Triple injury boost for Arsenal as trio return to training
- [Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
- Video: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Sanchez bags stunning hat trick
- Teams: West Ham v Arsenal: Xhaka & Gabriel start
- Man City duo Aguero & Fernandinho set to miss crucial Arsenal match
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
Wenger reveals fresh injury concern ahead of Spurs + Walcott Update
Arsene Wenger has offered a team news update ahead of Arsenal’s huge north London derby against Tottenham on Sunday afternoon.
Unfortunatly the boss has revealed another injury doubt with the news that Kieran Gibbs has suffered a shoulder problem during the 3-2 win over Ludogorets on Tuesday night.
Gibbs has been filling-in at left-back in the absence of Nacho Monreal – who’s missed the last three games with a thigh injury – but it looks like the England international is also now a doubt to face Spurs.
The injury doesn’t sound serious and Monreal is close to returning from his problem so hopefully at least one of them will be passed fit to take on Tottenham otherwise we’re going to have a real issue at left-back.
Wenger also gave an update on Theo Walcott and confirmed that the attacker is the closest of our other injured players to returning this weekend, with Cazorla and Monreal still doubts for this weekend’s NLD.
Walcott sat out the recent win over Ludogorets as well as victories over Sunderland and Reading after suffering a hamstring strain but Arsene suggests that he could be back in contention on Sunday.
We’ve still got three days training before welcoming Tottenham to the Emirates so I’m sure all the injury doubts will have tests over the coming days before any decision is made over their involvement this weekend.
Here is what Wenger is quoted as saying at his press conference this morning:
Team news: "We still have uncertainties. Kieran Gibbs has been touched on his shoulder. The closest to come back looks like Walcott." #AFC
— Mark Mann-Bryans (@MarkyMBryans) November 3, 2016