- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
Wenger reveals fresh injury concern ahead of Spurs + Walcott Update
Arsene Wenger has offered a team news update ahead of Arsenal’s huge north London derby against Tottenham on Sunday afternoon.
Unfortunatly the boss has revealed another injury doubt with the news that Kieran Gibbs has suffered a shoulder problem during the 3-2 win over Ludogorets on Tuesday night.
Gibbs has been filling-in at left-back in the absence of Nacho Monreal – who’s missed the last three games with a thigh injury – but it looks like the England international is also now a doubt to face Spurs.
The injury doesn’t sound serious and Monreal is close to returning from his problem so hopefully at least one of them will be passed fit to take on Tottenham otherwise we’re going to have a real issue at left-back.
Wenger also gave an update on Theo Walcott and confirmed that the attacker is the closest of our other injured players to returning this weekend, with Cazorla and Monreal still doubts for this weekend’s NLD.
Walcott sat out the recent win over Ludogorets as well as victories over Sunderland and Reading after suffering a hamstring strain but Arsene suggests that he could be back in contention on Sunday.
We’ve still got three days training before welcoming Tottenham to the Emirates so I’m sure all the injury doubts will have tests over the coming days before any decision is made over their involvement this weekend.
Here is what Wenger is quoted as saying at his press conference this morning:
Team news: "We still have uncertainties. Kieran Gibbs has been touched on his shoulder. The closest to come back looks like Walcott." #AFC
— Mark Mann-Bryans (@MarkyMBryans) November 3, 2016