- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Wenger reveals fresh injury concern ahead of Spurs + Walcott Update
Arsene Wenger has offered a team news update ahead of Arsenal’s huge north London derby against Tottenham on Sunday afternoon.
Unfortunatly the boss has revealed another injury doubt with the news that Kieran Gibbs has suffered a shoulder problem during the 3-2 win over Ludogorets on Tuesday night.
Gibbs has been filling-in at left-back in the absence of Nacho Monreal – who’s missed the last three games with a thigh injury – but it looks like the England international is also now a doubt to face Spurs.
The injury doesn’t sound serious and Monreal is close to returning from his problem so hopefully at least one of them will be passed fit to take on Tottenham otherwise we’re going to have a real issue at left-back.
Wenger also gave an update on Theo Walcott and confirmed that the attacker is the closest of our other injured players to returning this weekend, with Cazorla and Monreal still doubts for this weekend’s NLD.
Walcott sat out the recent win over Ludogorets as well as victories over Sunderland and Reading after suffering a hamstring strain but Arsene suggests that he could be back in contention on Sunday.
We’ve still got three days training before welcoming Tottenham to the Emirates so I’m sure all the injury doubts will have tests over the coming days before any decision is made over their involvement this weekend.
Here is what Wenger is quoted as saying at his press conference this morning:
Team news: "We still have uncertainties. Kieran Gibbs has been touched on his shoulder. The closest to come back looks like Walcott." #AFC
— Mark Mann-Bryans (@MarkyMBryans) November 3, 2016