- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
[Video] ‘Rehab going well’ – Arsenal star offers injury update
Arsenal captain Per Mertesacker has posted a positive injury update on his Twitter account as the defender continues to work his way back from a knee injury.
Mertesacker has not featured this season after suffering a knee ligament injury during pre-season and is not expected back until around the New Year.
However, after watching Arsenal come from 2-0 down to beat Ludogorets 3-2 in the Champions League on Tuesday night, the centre-back is clearly itching to get himself back on the pitch as he took to Twitter this morning to offer an update on his recovery.
The German uploaded a video of himself doing training drills in the gym with a message saying:
‘Nights like last night is the reason I’m working hard to come back stronger than ever before! #ProudGooner #RehabGoingWell,’
It’s good to hear Mertesacker’s recovery is going well and it will only further strengthen our squad when he does eventually return to action at some point in January.
However, he’s going to have a fight on his hands to reclaim his first team place as Shkodran Mustafi has formed a superb partnership alongside Laurent Koscielny and I don’t see Mertesacker being able to break them up during the second half of the season.
— Per Mertesacker (@mertesacker) November 2, 2016