- Ozil & Sanchez out: My Arsenal XI to face Basel
- Arsenal drawn to face Preston in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
- Wenger’s team news: 1 player returns, 1 ruled out + Sanchez update
- [Photos] Triple injury boost for Arsenal as trio return to training
- [Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
- Video: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Sanchez bags stunning hat trick
- Teams: West Ham v Arsenal: Xhaka & Gabriel start
- Man City duo Aguero & Fernandinho set to miss crucial Arsenal match
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
[Video] ‘Rehab going well’ – Arsenal star offers injury update
Arsenal captain Per Mertesacker has posted a positive injury update on his Twitter account as the defender continues to work his way back from a knee injury.
Mertesacker has not featured this season after suffering a knee ligament injury during pre-season and is not expected back until around the New Year.
However, after watching Arsenal come from 2-0 down to beat Ludogorets 3-2 in the Champions League on Tuesday night, the centre-back is clearly itching to get himself back on the pitch as he took to Twitter this morning to offer an update on his recovery.
The German uploaded a video of himself doing training drills in the gym with a message saying:
‘Nights like last night is the reason I’m working hard to come back stronger than ever before! #ProudGooner #RehabGoingWell,’
It’s good to hear Mertesacker’s recovery is going well and it will only further strengthen our squad when he does eventually return to action at some point in January.
However, he’s going to have a fight on his hands to reclaim his first team place as Shkodran Mustafi has formed a superb partnership alongside Laurent Koscielny and I don’t see Mertesacker being able to break them up during the second half of the season.
— Per Mertesacker (@mertesacker) November 2, 2016