- Ozil & Sanchez out: My Arsenal XI to face Basel
- Arsenal drawn to face Preston in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
- Wenger’s team news: 1 player returns, 1 ruled out + Sanchez update
- [Photos] Triple injury boost for Arsenal as trio return to training
- [Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
- Video: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Sanchez bags stunning hat trick
- Teams: West Ham v Arsenal: Xhaka & Gabriel start
- Man City duo Aguero & Fernandinho set to miss crucial Arsenal match
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
Tottenham suffer huge injury blow ahead of Arsenal showdown
According to the Mirror, Tottenham have suffered a huge injury blow with key defender Toby Alderweireld set to miss Sunday’s showdown with Arsenal.
Alderweireld has missed their last four matches after suffering a knee injury during Spurs’ draw with West Bromwich Albion earlier this month.
The Belgian international is back in light training and Mauricio Pochettino had hoped he’d be back in time to play against Bayer Leverkusen on Wednesday night as well as Sunday’s trip to the Emirates.
However, the Mirror are one of several newspapers who are reporting that Alderweireld is taking longer than expected to recover and will now miss Tottenham’s huge double header against Leverkusen and Arsenal.
The news will be a massive blow to them as Alderweireld has been an excellent signing since moving to White Hart Lane from Southampton 15 months ago and he’ll be a big miss for them.
Eric Dier is expected to deputise alongside Jan Vertonghen but he’s nowhere near Alderweireld’s level at centre-back so it’s a huge boost for Arsenal heading in to the north London derby.
However, we shouldn’t celebrate too much as we’ve got our own injury concerns to worry about with Arsene confirming this evening that four key players have been ruled out of our clash with Ludogorets tomorrow night.
We currently sit second only to Manchester City on goal difference in the table with Spurs three points adrift in fifth so this Sunday’s game is pivotal in the title race. Plus, I’d love to end their unbeaten record so let’s pray we manage to stuff that lot.