- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
[Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains but key duo miss out
Arsenal appear to have been handed a major injury boost with Theo Walcott able to take part in training today but there was no sign of Santi Cazorla or Nacho Monreal.
Walcott has missed the last two games after suffering a minor hamstring injury but it looks like he was put through a fitness test today ahead of our Champions League clash with Ludogorets tomorrow night.
The attacker was initially spotted training away from the rest of the squad but Walcott was later given the all-clear to join-in with the rest of the boys as we made our final preparations ahead of the trip to Bulgaria.
We’ll have to wait and see whether Arsene Wenger risks Walcott from the start against Ludogorets with Sunday’s north London derby in mind, but he’d be a useful weapon to have off the bench.
However, it looks like Cazorla is set to miss his fourth consecutive game due to an achilles injury as he wasn’t out on the training pitches at London Colney this morning so the Spaniard is highly unlikely to feature on Tuesday night.
Monreal is also expected to sit out the Ludogorets clash as he too wasn’t seen at training today as he continues to nurse a muscle problem that’s kept him out of the last two games, so Kieran Gibbs is set to continue at left-back.
Here are some photos from today’s training session courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty account:
Walcott joined in the full session after this. Looks like he could travel with the squad. Boost. pic.twitter.com/YrESfluolt
— Chris Wheatley (@ChrisWheatley_) October 31, 2016