- Ozil & Sanchez out: My Arsenal XI to face Basel
- Arsenal drawn to face Preston in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
- Wenger’s team news: 1 player returns, 1 ruled out + Sanchez update
- [Photos] Triple injury boost for Arsenal as trio return to training
- [Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
- Video: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Sanchez bags stunning hat trick
- Teams: West Ham v Arsenal: Xhaka & Gabriel start
- Man City duo Aguero & Fernandinho set to miss crucial Arsenal match
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
Arsenal boss on whether this midfielder will start vs Ludogorets
Arsene Wenger has offered an insight in to whether Aaron Ramsey will start during Arsenal’s Champions League clash with Ludogorets on Tuesday night.
Ramsey made his long-awaited comeback from a hamstring injury with a late cameo appeanrace off the bench during our 4-1 victory over Sunderland on Saturday afternoon.
The Welsh international had been on the sidelines since limping off during our defeat to Liverpool on the opening weekend of the new season and he’s been slowly working his way back to full fitness in training.
So after over two months on the sidelines, it’s understandable that Wenger has eased Ramsey back in to action and the boss gave little away as to whether the 25-year-old will start against Ludogorets tomorrow night.
When asked about Ramsey starting on Tuesday, Wenger told Arsenal.com:
“I don’t know. I will have to analyse all that now, with Xhaka back. We play now in the Champions League and then we play Tottenham.
“So I have to see who I rest and who I play without diminishing the chance of the team to win the game.”
I’d personally be surprised if Rambo was to start against Ludogorets as he’s barely played any football and the club have been cautious with his hamstring so I’d expect one of Coquelin or Elneny to partner Xhaka tomorrow night.
Cazorla has missed the last three games with an achilles injury and he’s unlikely to be risked either tomorrow so Ramsey will give us an option on the bench and hopefully he’ll get some more minutes in the second half.