- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
[Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez appears to have confirmed his frustration after being snubbed in the 30-man shortlist for the Ballon d’Or.
The 27-year-old was one of a number of high profile names surprisingly omitted from the shortlist which was announced earlier this week, with Arsenal team mate Mesut Ozil also overlooked.
Sanchez almost single-handedly lead Chile to their second successive Copa America title this summer, was named as the Copa America Player of the Tournament and helped Arsenal finish second in the Premier League with 17 goals and 11 assists in all competitions to his name.
However, he was left out of the Ballon d’Or’s 30-man shortlist with the likes of Hugo Lloris, Kevin De Bruyne, Dimitri Payet, Pepe, Diego Godin, Paul Pogba, Rui Patricio and Arturo Vidal among those to be nominated ahead of him.
It’s a total joke to be fair. Messi and Ronaldo, yes. But for Sanchez to be snubbed in favour of those names above is ridiculous. I assume the likes of Pepe and Patricio were included due to their exploits at Euro 2016. If that’s the barometer, then how could Alexis be snubbed given what he did at the Copa America?
Anyway, it seems the player himself is also not too impressed by his omission as Sanchez’s official Instagram account has ‘liked’ a post shared by an Arsenal fan listing his achievements and suggesting he should have been up for the Ballon d’Or.
In addition to this, Sanchez also uploaded a photo of himself to Instagram with a cryptic caption saying “F …. ⚽️ ….Gunners”, which many have taken to mean ‘f*ck football’ and another sign of his disillusionment at being overlooked for the Ballon d’Or.
Check out the posts below: