- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
- Euro giants accept Arsenal’s £25m attacker bid – reports
- Arsenal ready swoop for £30m Serie A attacker, player wants PL move
[Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez appears to have confirmed his frustration after being snubbed in the 30-man shortlist for the Ballon d’Or.
The 27-year-old was one of a number of high profile names surprisingly omitted from the shortlist which was announced earlier this week, with Arsenal team mate Mesut Ozil also overlooked.
Sanchez almost single-handedly lead Chile to their second successive Copa America title this summer, was named as the Copa America Player of the Tournament and helped Arsenal finish second in the Premier League with 17 goals and 11 assists in all competitions to his name.
However, he was left out of the Ballon d’Or’s 30-man shortlist with the likes of Hugo Lloris, Kevin De Bruyne, Dimitri Payet, Pepe, Diego Godin, Paul Pogba, Rui Patricio and Arturo Vidal among those to be nominated ahead of him.
It’s a total joke to be fair. Messi and Ronaldo, yes. But for Sanchez to be snubbed in favour of those names above is ridiculous. I assume the likes of Pepe and Patricio were included due to their exploits at Euro 2016. If that’s the barometer, then how could Alexis be snubbed given what he did at the Copa America?
Anyway, it seems the player himself is also not too impressed by his omission as Sanchez’s official Instagram account has ‘liked’ a post shared by an Arsenal fan listing his achievements and suggesting he should have been up for the Ballon d’Or.
In addition to this, Sanchez also uploaded a photo of himself to Instagram with a cryptic caption saying “F …. ⚽️ ….Gunners”, which many have taken to mean ‘f*ck football’ and another sign of his disillusionment at being overlooked for the Ballon d’Or.
Check out the posts below: