- Arsenal transfer news: £25m bid submitted for international star
- [Photos] Arsenal’s double boost as duo train ahead of Liverpool
- It’s A Summer Of Rebuilding If Sanchez And Wenger Leave
- [Photos & Videos] Ozil, Welbz & more star as Arsenal boys go bowling
- Arsenal handed injury boost as key man returns ahead of Liverpool
- 49-year old confirms to friends he’s replacing Wenger as Arsenal boss
- 5 Arsenal fixtures rescheduled after being chosen for live TV
- Arsenal boost: Liverpool star ruled out of crucial showdown
- Respected journo: 27-goal hitman could join Arsenal in £50m deal
- Cazorla replacement? Arsenal linked with a move for French midfielder
4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal will be looking to continue our excellent recent form when we take on Middlesbrough at the Emirates on Saturday afternoon. This is the team I’d like to see Arsene Wenger go with….
Ospina was selected for last night’s Champions League win over Ludogorets and performed well but Cech should come back in to the side this weekend.
Defence: Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal
Monreal was rested against the Bulgarian champions but I don’t think Gibbs did enough to keep his place so the Spaniard should come back in. Otherwise, I’d stick with our first choice back four with Bellerin on the right and Mustafi once again alongside Koscielny in the middle of defence after they put in another rock solid display last night.
Midfield: Coquelin, Cazorla
Xhaka was surprisingly left out last night as he’ll now begin a four-game domestic ban so Coquelin will keep his place in midfield. There is a question mark over Cazorla after he went off with an achilles problem last night but it was just precautionary so I expect him to be passed fit. However, if he’s in any discomfort we shouldn’t take the risk.
Ramsey is back in training but I think this game will come too soon for him so if Santi is ruled out then Elneny will get the call-up.
Attack: Walcott, Ozil, The Ox
The Ox was given a chance to impress against Ludogorets and he put in a lively display that saw him score and bag an assist so I wouldn’t mind seeing him given another start this weekend. It may be harsh on Iwobi but it’s good to have such depth in the squad.
Walcott continued his excellent form with another goal last night so he should keep his place alongside Ozil in attack. The German was unplayable in the second half last time out. What a player he is.
There are reports that Giroud may be back in the squad this weekend but there’s no way he should start as Sanchez is bossing it up front. The Chilean continued to impress through the middle on Wednesday night with a superb goal and an excellent all-round display.
To be honest, I’d sooner see Perez given a chance up front than recall Giroud straight away as the Spaniard put in an impressive cameo off the bench with two assists.
This would be my line-up to face Middlesbrough:
What do you think of the team? What line-up would you go with?