- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
[Video] Watch: Granit Xhaka sent off during Arsenal’s 3-2 win over Swansea
Granit Xhaka was controversially sent off during Arsenal’s 3-2 victory over Swansea City at the Emirates on Saturday afternoon.
The Swiss midfielder started alongside Santi Cazorla in midfield but had a game to forget as his error allowed Swansea a foothold in the game shortly before half time.
We were totally in control thanks to Walcott’s brace but Xhaka gifted Sigurdsson possession on the edge of the area before the Swans star curled home for 2-1.
Our big-money summer signings afternoon went from bad to worse as he was dismissed with 20 minute remaining for a cynical foul from behind near the half-way line.
Xhaka clipped Barrow’s trailing leg as he tried to break clear. It’s the type of thing we see in every game and is a standard yellow card in most referee’s book, but not Jon Moss who saw fit to show the Arsenal man a straight red.
It was incredibly harsh in my opinion and we should certainly appeal as it wasn’t dangerous enough for a red card. It wasn’t too-footed and he didn’t deny a goal-scoring opportunity.
Watch it here and judge for yourself:
Xhaka red card pic.twitter.com/YtUU9NXHJU
— Terje (@AFCTerje) October 15, 2016