- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
[Video] Watch: Granit Xhaka sent off during Arsenal’s 3-2 win over Swansea
Granit Xhaka was controversially sent off during Arsenal’s 3-2 victory over Swansea City at the Emirates on Saturday afternoon.
The Swiss midfielder started alongside Santi Cazorla in midfield but had a game to forget as his error allowed Swansea a foothold in the game shortly before half time.
We were totally in control thanks to Walcott’s brace but Xhaka gifted Sigurdsson possession on the edge of the area before the Swans star curled home for 2-1.
Our big-money summer signings afternoon went from bad to worse as he was dismissed with 20 minute remaining for a cynical foul from behind near the half-way line.
Xhaka clipped Barrow’s trailing leg as he tried to break clear. It’s the type of thing we see in every game and is a standard yellow card in most referee’s book, but not Jon Moss who saw fit to show the Arsenal man a straight red.
It was incredibly harsh in my opinion and we should certainly appeal as it wasn’t dangerous enough for a red card. It wasn’t too-footed and he didn’t deny a goal-scoring opportunity.
Watch it here and judge for yourself:
Xhaka red card pic.twitter.com/YtUU9NXHJU
— Terje (@AFCTerje) October 15, 2016