- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
Video: Arsenal 3-2 Swansea: Walcott scores twice as Xhaka sees red
Arsenal made it six Premier League wins on the bounce with a nervy 3-2 victory over Swansea City at the Emirates this afternoon.
We opened the scoring midway through the first half when Theo Walcott took advantage of some poor defending by Amat to poke home from close range.
The in-form attacker then doubled our advantage just minutes later as Walcott was once again on hand to score after more sloppy defensive work from the visitors.
We gifted Swansea a lifeline after Granit Xhaka gave away possession on the edge of the area and Gylfi Sigurdsson took full advantage to curl home for 2-1 in the 37th minute.
We restored our two-goal advantage in the 59th minute when Mesut Ozil lashed home a far post volley to make it 3-1, however, Swansea brought it back to 3-2 in the 65th minute when Barrow teed-up Baston to slot home.
Granit Xhaka was then harshly sent off for a cynical foul from behind with 20 minutes remaining. Both sides wasted chances to add to the scoring but we hung on to secure a vital three points.
Watch the highlights here:
Xhaka red card pic.twitter.com/YtUU9NXHJU
— Terje (@AFCTerje) October 15, 2016