- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
Arsenal duo miss out as Spurs & Liverpool win monthly awards
Arsenal have ended up empty handed after Arsene Wenger and Theo Walcott missed out on the September monthly awards.
Wenger was in the running for the September Manager of the Month award after overseeing three consecutive league victories last month.
We opened September with a narrow victory over Southampton before thrashing Hull City and rounding off the month with an impressive 3-0 win over Chelsea.
However, it wasn’t enough as Wenger has missed out after the Premier League confirmed this morning that Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp has been named as the September Manager of the Month.
Liverpool also won all three of their league games with victories over Leicester, Chelsea and Hull so Klopp has edged out competition from the likes of Wenger, Guardiola and Pochettino to take the monthly gong.
Unfortunately Theo also came up short in his bid to be named the Player of the Month after being nominated following his impressive displays throughout September.
Tottenham’s Hueng-min Son has won the award after also seeing off competition from Adam Lallana, Kevin De Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku.
Walcott has been excellent so far this season but he probably didn’t deserve to win the player of the month award so we can’t have too many complaints.