- Arsenal transfer news: £25m bid submitted for international star
- [Photos] Arsenal’s double boost as duo train ahead of Liverpool
- It’s A Summer Of Rebuilding If Sanchez And Wenger Leave
- [Photos & Videos] Ozil, Welbz & more star as Arsenal boys go bowling
- Arsenal handed injury boost as key man returns ahead of Liverpool
- 49-year old confirms to friends he’s replacing Wenger as Arsenal boss
- 5 Arsenal fixtures rescheduled after being chosen for live TV
- Arsenal boost: Liverpool star ruled out of crucial showdown
- Respected journo: 27-goal hitman could join Arsenal in £50m deal
- Cazorla replacement? Arsenal linked with a move for French midfielder
Arsenal duo miss out as Spurs & Liverpool win monthly awards
Arsenal have ended up empty handed after Arsene Wenger and Theo Walcott missed out on the September monthly awards.
Wenger was in the running for the September Manager of the Month award after overseeing three consecutive league victories last month.
We opened September with a narrow victory over Southampton before thrashing Hull City and rounding off the month with an impressive 3-0 win over Chelsea.
However, it wasn’t enough as Wenger has missed out after the Premier League confirmed this morning that Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp has been named as the September Manager of the Month.
Liverpool also won all three of their league games with victories over Leicester, Chelsea and Hull so Klopp has edged out competition from the likes of Wenger, Guardiola and Pochettino to take the monthly gong.
Unfortunately Theo also came up short in his bid to be named the Player of the Month after being nominated following his impressive displays throughout September.
Tottenham’s Hueng-min Son has won the award after also seeing off competition from Adam Lallana, Kevin De Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku.
Walcott has been excellent so far this season but he probably didn’t deserve to win the player of the month award so we can’t have too many complaints.