- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
- [Photos] Arsenal fitness boost: quartet snapped in training today
- Arsenal legend: Sanchez could be heading to Bayern Munich
- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud as midfielder returns
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud have been ruled out of Saturday’s clash with Swansea but Francis Coquelin is fit to return.
Ramsey hasn’t been seen since limping off with a hamstring injury during our 4-3 defeat to Liverpool on the opening weekend of the new Premier League season back in August.
The Welshman’s planned return in September was put on hold after he suffered a setback in training and now Wenger has confirmed that the midfielder is still not fit to make his comeback this weekend.
The boss has revealed that Ramsey is now basically undergoing a full pre-season training regime in order to build up his fitness and isn’t expected to be ready for Tuesday’s night’s Champions League clash with Ludogorets either.
In a double blow, Wenger also confirmed that Giroud is still out with this mysterious toe injury that he suffered during our Champions League draw at Paris Saint-Germain last month.
Arsene says the striker is in a similar situation to Ramsey and he’s set to return to the training pitch today to undertake some light jogging as we look to build up his fitness again.
However, there was some positive news as the boss revealed that Coquelin is back in the squad after recovering from a knee injury that he picked up during our 3-0 win over Chelsea last month.
Wenger also says that we have good news from the international players as it appears everyone has returned in good condition. He’s quoted as saying by the Express:
“Giroud will not be available. Ramsey will not be available.
“Coquelin is back. Apparently we have good news [from international players].”
Wenger says that Ramsey been rested and is starting pre season from near scratch to build up his fitness. Won't be back next week for CL.
— Gary Jacob (@garyjacob) October 13, 2016
Wenger says Giroud starts jogging today for first time so “we have to build his fitness up again.”
— Mattias Karén (@MattiasKaren) October 13, 2016