- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
- [Photos] Arsenal fitness boost: quartet snapped in training today
- Arsenal legend: Sanchez could be heading to Bayern Munich
- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
Arsenal handed huge fitness boost ahead of Swansea game
Arsenal have been handed a huge fitness boost ahead of Saturday’s clash with Swansea City after Mesut Ozil eased fears over his condition after being substituted at half-time while playing for Germany last night.
Ozil started in the Germans latest World Cup qualifier against Norther Ireland on Tuesday night and was involved as Julian Draxler and Sami Khedira scored to give the hosts a 2-0 lead at half-time in Hannover.
However, the Arsenal star failed to appear after the break and was replaced by Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan as Joachim Low’s side eased to another three points to keep them top of Group C.
Obviously Arsenal fans were left fearing that Ozil had suffered some sort of injury which could have kept him out of this weekend’s Premier League clash with Swansea and potentially even longer.
But it looks as though we can all breath a huge sigh of relief as Ozil took to Twitter late last night to thank fans for their concern and confirm that ‘everything is all right’.
— Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) October 11, 2016
So it looks as though with Germany cruising to victory, Low decided to give Ozil a breather and take him off at half-time so the playmaker should be fit and available for selection to face the Swans on Saturday.
Needless-to-say this is excellent news as the team have been playing well in recent weeks and we’re on a great run so it would have been devastating had Ozil suffered a knock while away on international duty.