- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
International Teams: Arsenal duo start, trio on bench for nations
The interlull continues tonight but thankfully we can look forward to watching some Arsenal players as five of our boys are in action for their nations this evening.
Theo Walcott has retained his place in the England starting eleven as Gareth Southgate’s men take on Slovenia in their World Cup qualifier.
Kieran Gibbs was a late call-up as he cut short his holiday in Dubai to replace the injured Ryan Bertrand but the Arsenal full-back must make do with a place among the substitutes.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will join Gibbsy on the bench as Southgate has stuck with Jesse Lingard on the wing. As expected, Wayne Rooney is finally dropped.
Here are the teams:
Oblak, Samardzic, Cesar, Krhin, Ilicic, Kurtic, Birsa, Jokic, Bezjak, Verbic, Struna
Hart, Walker, Stones, Cahill, Rose, Dier, Henderson, Walcott, Alli, Lingard, Sturridge
Subs: Forster, Smalling, Gibbs, Antonio, Keane, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rooney, Vardy, Rashford, Townsend, Pickford.
Mesut Ozil once again starts for Germany as they continue their 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign against Northern Ireland.
Summer signing Shkodran Mustafi must make do with a place on the bench as Joachim Low has stuck with Mats Hummels alongside Jerome Boateng in the middle of defence.
Neuer; Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Hector; Khedira, Kroos; Muller, Ozil, Draxler; Gotze.
Subs: Leno, ter Stegen, Höwedes, Mustafi, Brandt, Gündogan, Meyer, Rudy, Weigl, Volland.
McGovern; Hodson, Hughes, McAuley, J. Evans, Ferguson; Davis, Norwood, C. Evans; Ward, Magennis.