- Confirmed: Arsenal boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Arsenal eyeing £34.5m deal for Portuguese international
- Arsenal trio surprisingly named in BBC Team of the Week
- Arsene Wenger could be banned for Arsenal’s crucial trip to Chelsea
- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
[Video] Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi scores as Nigeria beat Zambia
Arsenal midfielder Alex Iwobi netted his first goal for Nigeria on Sunday after helping his nation to a 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory over Zambia.
Iwobi pledged allegiance to his native Nigeria after England let him slip through their fingers and the 20-year-old earned his seventh cap for the Super Eagles yesterday.
Iwobi started in Nigeria’s World Cup qualifier against 2012 African Cup of Nations winners, Zambia, and continued his fine early-season form with Arsenal after opening the scoring.
Alex lashed home a loose ball in the 32nd minute following a long throw-in to give the visitors the lead before Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho made it 2-0 shortly before half time.
Zambia did pull one back in the second half but Nigeria held on to secure a 2-1 win that sees them go top of Group B.
Watch Iwobi’s goal and match highlights below: