- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
- Teams: Sutton v Arsenal: Perez & Walcott start
- “He wants to leave Arsenal” – Agent confirms attacker wants out
- Preview: Sutton v Arsenal: trio ruled out, teenager starts + prediction
- Arsenal on red alert after Spanish attacker drops move hint
- Man Utd eyeing audacious £30m swoop on Arsenal
- FA Cup Draw: Arsenal or Sutton to face Lincoln in last 8
- Confirmed: Arsenal star reveals he’ll miss FA Cup clash with Sutton
- [Photos] Arsenal duo snapped in training together following ‘bust-up’ reports
[Video] Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi scores as Nigeria beat Zambia
Arsenal midfielder Alex Iwobi netted his first goal for Nigeria on Sunday after helping his nation to a 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory over Zambia.
Iwobi pledged allegiance to his native Nigeria after England let him slip through their fingers and the 20-year-old earned his seventh cap for the Super Eagles yesterday.
Iwobi started in Nigeria’s World Cup qualifier against 2012 African Cup of Nations winners, Zambia, and continued his fine early-season form with Arsenal after opening the scoring.
Alex lashed home a loose ball in the 32nd minute following a long throw-in to give the visitors the lead before Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho made it 2-0 shortly before half time.
Zambia did pull one back in the second half but Nigeria held on to secure a 2-1 win that sees them go top of Group B.
Watch Iwobi’s goal and match highlights below: