- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
[Video] Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi scores as Nigeria beat Zambia
Arsenal midfielder Alex Iwobi netted his first goal for Nigeria on Sunday after helping his nation to a 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory over Zambia.
Iwobi pledged allegiance to his native Nigeria after England let him slip through their fingers and the 20-year-old earned his seventh cap for the Super Eagles yesterday.
Iwobi started in Nigeria’s World Cup qualifier against 2012 African Cup of Nations winners, Zambia, and continued his fine early-season form with Arsenal after opening the scoring.
Alex lashed home a loose ball in the 32nd minute following a long throw-in to give the visitors the lead before Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho made it 2-0 shortly before half time.
Zambia did pull one back in the second half but Nigeria held on to secure a 2-1 win that sees them go top of Group B.
Watch Iwobi’s goal and match highlights below: