- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
[Video] Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi scores as Nigeria beat Zambia
Arsenal midfielder Alex Iwobi netted his first goal for Nigeria on Sunday after helping his nation to a 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory over Zambia.
Iwobi pledged allegiance to his native Nigeria after England let him slip through their fingers and the 20-year-old earned his seventh cap for the Super Eagles yesterday.
Iwobi started in Nigeria’s World Cup qualifier against 2012 African Cup of Nations winners, Zambia, and continued his fine early-season form with Arsenal after opening the scoring.
Alex lashed home a loose ball in the 32nd minute following a long throw-in to give the visitors the lead before Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho made it 2-0 shortly before half time.
Zambia did pull one back in the second half but Nigeria held on to secure a 2-1 win that sees them go top of Group B.
Watch Iwobi’s goal and match highlights below: