- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
- Euro giants accept Arsenal’s £25m attacker bid – reports
- Arsenal ready swoop for £30m Serie A attacker, player wants PL move
[Photo] Arsenal handed injury boost as key man confirms return
Arsenal have been handed a boost as Hector Bellerin has confirmed he’s recovered from an ankle injury and is available to play for the Spanish under-21’s against Estonia today.
Bellerin was forced off during the closing stages of Spain’s Under-21 Euro 2017 qualifying win at San Marino last week after being on the end of a ‘nasty tackle’ in the 88th minute.
The 21-year-old then missed training on Thursday to undergo further tests/scans to determine the full extent of the injury leaving Arsene Wenger sweating over his star right-back.
There were unconfirmed reports over the weekend suggesting that Hector had been declared fit and was able to return to training with the rest of the Spanish youngsters.
However, thankfully it looks like we can all breath a huge sigh of relief as Bellerin has taken to Instagram to post a photo and message to his followers confirming that he’s ‘ready’ to return to action on Monday evening.
The Spanish under-21’s will continue their Euro 2017 qualifying campaign when they take on Estonia later this evening and Hector has suggested that he’s fit and available for selection, easing fears over his ankle problem.
We’ll have to wait and see whether he does start but if he does and manages to come through the game unscathed, then Bellerin should be fine to play for Arsenal when we take on Swansea at the Emirates this weekend.
The Swans come to north London on Saturday and it would have been a huge blow had Bellerin been ruled out as he’s been outstanding so far this season and we have limited options to come in at right-back.
But thankfully it appears the youngster is fine so let’s hope he doesn’t aggravate the issue if he does start for Spain later this evening.