- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal’s injury boost: Duo set to return vs Swansea
It looks like Arsenal have been handed a double injury boost as according to the Express, Francis Coquelin and Lucas Perez will be fit to face Swansea City this coming weekend.
Coquelin hasn’t featured since suffering a knee injury during our 3-0 victory over Chelsea at the Emirates last month and the midfielder was initially expected to be sidelined for several months.
We all thought Francis had damaged knee ligaments so it came as a huge relief when Arsene Wenger revealed the injury wasn’t as bad as first feared and he was facing just three weeks out.
The Evening Standard claim that the Frenchman is now back in full training and unless he suffers any late setbacks over the coming days, he’ll be in contention to return against Swansea on Saturday.
However, I would be surprised to see Coquelin come straight back in to the team as Granit Xhaka has performed superbly alongside Santi Cazorla while he’s been out so the Swiss international deserves to keep his place.
In a double boost, the newspaper also says that Perez is expected to return to the squad after missing the 1-0 win at Burnley before the international break with a minor knee injury.
Perez suffered the problem in training on the eve of the trip to Turf Moor but he’s also back in full training and should be in contention for a place on the bench this weekend.
The Spaniard has started just one Premier League since his arrival from Deportivo La Coruna so I doubt we’ll see him start against the Swans but it will be nice to have some more attacking options from the bench.