- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
- Euro giants accept Arsenal’s £25m attacker bid – reports
- Arsenal ready swoop for £30m Serie A attacker, player wants PL move
Arsenal want to sign £52m-rated attacker but Man Utd also keen
According to the Mirror, Arsenal are keen to sign £52m-rated Benfica attacker Goncalo Guedes but will face stiff competition from Manchester United.
Guedes joined Benfica as a child and progressed through the youth ranks to become a first team regular last season where he made 27 appearances in all competitions.
The 19-year-old is now considered a key part of Rui Vitoria’s plans this season, starting in six of their eight games so far, with the youngster chipping in with one goal and two assists so far.
It looks as though his potential has caught the attention of Arsene Wenger as the Mirror are citing reports from the Manchester Evening News that claim Arsenal want to sign the talented winger.
The boss is always on the look out for new young talent and Guedes is one of the hottest properties in Portuguese football so it’s no surprise to hear we’re in the race for his signature.
However, any deal is still a long way from completion as the newspaper says that we’ll face some stiff competition from Manchester United as the Red Devils have also identified the teenager as a potential signing.
To make things even more complicated, the Mirror say that Guedes still has five years left to run on his contract so Benfica are under no pressure to sell and his buyout clause is set at a whopping £52m.
There is no way Wenger would pay anywhere near that kind of money for the unproven teenager so unless Benfica are willing to do business at a figure well below his buyout fee, I personally don’t think we’ll be seeing Guedes coming to Arsenal any time soon.