- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Arsenal injury boost: Key able to return to training
According to the Evening Standard, Arsenal have been handed a major injury boost after Hector Bellerin was able to resume training with the Spanish under-21’s today.
Bellerin was forced off during the closing stages of Spain’s Under-21 Euro 2017 qualifying win at San Marino on Wednesday night after being on the end of a ‘nasty tackle’ in the 88th minute.
The 21-year-old was unable to take part in training with the rest of the squad on Thursday and was sent for further scans to determine the full extent of his injury.
Obviously this sparked fears in the Arsenal camp that Bellerin may have picked up an injury that was going to keep him on the sidelines for an extended period of time.
Given that Mathieu Debuchy is out-of-favour and badly lacking in match practice, it would have been a massive blow if Arsene Wenger was forced to recall the Frenchman had Bellerin been ruled out.
However, it looks like we can all breath a huge sigh of relief as the Evening Standard are reporting that Hector was able to resume training with the rest of Albert Celades’ squad on Friday and may still play in their Euro 2017 qualifier against Estonia on Monday.
This is excellent news as Bellerin has been in superb form this season and it looks as though he’s going to be fit for what is going to be a busy period that sees us face Swansea, Ludogorets, Reading, Middlesbrough and Sunderland before the end of the month.