- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Arsenal blow: Bellerin suffers ankle injury following ‘nasty tackle’
Arsenal are sweating on the fitness of Hector Bellerin after the full-back picked up an ankle injury while playing for the Spanish under-21’s against San Marino on Wednesday night.
Having missed out on a place in the senior side, Bellerin was called up by the under-21’s and started during their Euro 2017 qualifier in San Marino but unfortunately the youngster wasn’t able to complete the game.
With Spain cruising to a 3-0 win, Bellerin went down in the 88th minute following what has been described by Spanish outlet Marca [via SportWitness] as a ‘nasty tackle’ to his right ankle.
Bellerin was forced to leave the field after receiving treatment but as Spain had already used all three of their substitutes, his exit from the pitch hasn’t been officially recorded.
The report says that Hector didn’t train with the rest of his team mates on Thursday and is now waiting for the results of a scan to determine the full extent of the injury.
Fingers crossed it’s not too serious as it would be a HUGE blow to lose Bellerin. The defender has become a vital part of our starting eleven and has been linking up superbly with Theo Walcott down the right this season.
If Bellerin was ruled out for any period of time, Arsene Wenger may be forced to recall Mathieu Debuchy – although Carl Jenkinson is now back in full training following a serious knee injury while Rob Holding is also capable of playing at right-back.
But let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and Bellerin is passed fit to face Swansea after the international break.