- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Cazorla replacement? Arsenal ready to sign La Liga playmaker
According to the Daily Star, Arsenal are keen to sign Isco next summer and are ready to battle for his signature if/when Real Madrid decide to cash in on the out-of-favour playmaker.
Isco made his name at Malaga and earned himself a dream move to Madrid in the summer of 2013 where he enjoyed an encouraging debut season at the Bernabeu.
However, things have gone sour for the Spanish international over the past couple of years as he’s found himself dropping down the pecking order and has struggled to get regular game-time under Zinedine Zidane.
Isco was strongly linked with a move in the summer with Arsenal reportedly keen on signing him but a move failed to materialise and the 24-year-old ended up staying at the Bernabeu.
But his first team chances continue to look limited this year as Isco has started just two of Madrid’s ten games in all competitions so far leading to fresh speculation that the playmaker will seek a move away from the club.
The players contract has less than two years left to run and Isco has admitted that Madrid are yet to even approach him about an extention. He’s quoted by the Daily Star as saying:
“The truth is that I have not yet thought about it, nor have they asked me to renew, so I am calm. I take it day by day, which is important.
“It seems a little weird [that Real haven’t spoken about it yet], but I can’t do anything.
“If they don’t want me to renew, I won’t go asking for it. It’s something for the club to decide, not me.”
So it doesn’t look like Madrid are in any hurry to secure his future which means they are likely to consider cashing-in if a sensible offer comes in before he enters the final year of his deal and the Daily Star claim that Arsenal are keen to bring him to the Emirates.
Santi Cazorla’s contract is due to expire at the end of this season and the 31-year-old says he’s yet to be offered a new deal so we could be eyeing Isco as a potential replacement this summer.
I’m a huge Cazorla fan but he’s approaching the final stages of his career and he’s suffered from injury problems so if the boss feels this should be his final year at the club, then I’d love to see us go for Isco.
However, we aren’t the only club in the running as the Star says that Tottenham are among the other clubs who are interested so we’ll face a lot of competition for his signature.