- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
Wilshere replacement? Midfielder admits he ‘dreams’ of Arsenal move
With the interlull in full swing I thought I’d bring you some transfer news with the Daily Star carrying quotes from Lyon midfielder Corentin Tolisso that suggest he’s keen to join Arsenal.
Tolisso has been with Lyon since joining the clubs youth system in 2007 and he’s progressed through the ranks to become a key first team player over the past 2-3 years.
The 22-year-old has featured in all ten of the Ligue 1 clubs games so far this season and has been in excellent form having scored 5 goals and provided a further 2 assists.
That type of form has led to speculation that Tolisso could be on the move to a bigger club sometime soon and it appears the player is keen on the idea of playing for Arsenal if the opportunity arose.
The Daily Star quote the midfielder as saying that while he is a fan of Real Madrid and Barcelona, Arsenal are also a club that he dreams of playing for and he thinks the Premier League would be well-suited to his game.
Tolisso is quoted by the paper as saying:
“Many clubs make me dream like Real Madrid, Barcelona and England with teams like Arsenal,”
“I love the Premier League and I think I fit the profile.
“It is a league that also offers more competition, which is the most open, the most played and most spectacular.”
Tolisso is capable of playing at right-back but has forged his career as a central midfielder in recent years. Obviously this is an area where we have a wealth of options but with 31-year-old Santi Cazorla out-of-contract this summer and Jack Wilshere’s future up in the air, perhaps we’ll need to bring in another centre midfielder at the end of the season.
I personally think we’ll end up offering Cazorla a new deal but it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Wilshere was to leave the club on a permanent basis having joined Bournemouth on loan on deadline day.
If that turns out to be the case, then we may dip in to the market for a replacement and it seems Tolisso would jump at the chance of making the move to the Emirates.