- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Arsenal duo nominated for September awards
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is up for the September Manager of the Month award while Theo Walcott has been nominated for the Player of the Month award.
After a sloppy start, we rediscovered our best form last month with a 2-1 win over Southampton followed by a resounding 4-1 win at Hull City and a hugely impressive 3-0 victory over Chelsea at the Emirates.
Three league wins in a row in September saw us climb up the table and break in to the top four where we’ve solidified our position following Sunday’s 1-0 win at Burnley.
The boss has been rewarded for our great form by being nominated for the Manager of the Month award although he’ll face stiff competition from Pep Guardiola who also guided Manchester City to three consecutive wins last month.
Tottenham’s Mauricio Pochettino and Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp are also nominated after winning all three of their league games while Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew is also in the running after beating Middlesbrough, Stoke and Sunderland.
It could be a double for Arsenal as Theo Walcott has also been nominated for the September Player of the Month Award after continuing his excellent start to the new season.
Theo netted during the win at Hull before scoring the crucial second during a 3-0 win over Chelsea so it’s good to see the attacker getting rewarded for his up-turn in form.
However, Walcott will be up against Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne, Liverpool’s Adam Lallana, Tottenham’s Heung-min Son and Everton’s Romelu Lukaku.