- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
[Tweet] Arsenal attacker ‘out for a while’ with fresh injury concern
Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom has taken to Twitter to confirm he’s set for a spell on the sidelines after suffering a back injury.
Akpom has been looking to force his way in to Arsene Wenger’s first team plans this season after the boss decided against sending him out on loan during the summer transfer window.
The 20-year-old impressed during his only appearance so far this season after playing 83 minutes during our 4-0 victory over Nottingham Forest in the EFL Cup last week.
However, it looks like Akpom’s progress has now been halted as the striker has taken to Twitter to confirm he’s picked up a back injury which is going to keep him on the sidelines ‘for a while’.
The youngster posted a photo of him working out in the gym with a message saying:
“Gutted to be out for a while with this back injury.
“I’ll be back stronger.”
Wenger didn’t mention Akpom’s injury at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Burnley on Sunday afternoon but it seems the striker is now facing some time on the treatment table.
Akpom’s injury further limits our options up front as Olivier Giroud continues to miss out with a toe injury that he suffered against Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month.
Gutted to be out for a while with this back injury. Ill be back strongerpic.twitter.com/P6h4f9ccgd
— Chuba Akpom (@cakpom) September 30, 2016