- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
- Euro giants accept Arsenal’s £25m attacker bid – reports
- Arsenal ready swoop for £30m Serie A attacker, player wants PL move
[Tweet] Arsenal attacker ‘out for a while’ with fresh injury concern
Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom has taken to Twitter to confirm he’s set for a spell on the sidelines after suffering a back injury.
Akpom has been looking to force his way in to Arsene Wenger’s first team plans this season after the boss decided against sending him out on loan during the summer transfer window.
The 20-year-old impressed during his only appearance so far this season after playing 83 minutes during our 4-0 victory over Nottingham Forest in the EFL Cup last week.
However, it looks like Akpom’s progress has now been halted as the striker has taken to Twitter to confirm he’s picked up a back injury which is going to keep him on the sidelines ‘for a while’.
The youngster posted a photo of him working out in the gym with a message saying:
“Gutted to be out for a while with this back injury.
“I’ll be back stronger.”
Wenger didn’t mention Akpom’s injury at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Burnley on Sunday afternoon but it seems the striker is now facing some time on the treatment table.
Akpom’s injury further limits our options up front as Olivier Giroud continues to miss out with a toe injury that he suffered against Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month.
Gutted to be out for a while with this back injury. Ill be back strongerpic.twitter.com/P6h4f9ccgd
— Chuba Akpom (@cakpom) September 30, 2016