- Arsenal in hunt for 26-goal hitman, £60m will get deal done
- Arsenal star confirms surgery, doesn’t know when he’ll return
- [Video Goals] Arsenal U23’s 4-1 Chelsea U23’s: Welbeck on target for Gunners
- Arsenal ready to beat Man Utd to signature of £40m midfielder
- [Teams] Arsenal U23 v Chelsea U23: Welbeck & Jenkinson start
- Arsenal to launch swoop for £75m-rated Real Madrid target
- Injury update on Arsenal star Aaron Ramsey
- Key Arsenal star to consider move if Wenger leaves – report
- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
[Tweet] Arsenal attacker ‘out for a while’ with fresh injury concern
Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom has taken to Twitter to confirm he’s set for a spell on the sidelines after suffering a back injury.
Akpom has been looking to force his way in to Arsene Wenger’s first team plans this season after the boss decided against sending him out on loan during the summer transfer window.
The 20-year-old impressed during his only appearance so far this season after playing 83 minutes during our 4-0 victory over Nottingham Forest in the EFL Cup last week.
However, it looks like Akpom’s progress has now been halted as the striker has taken to Twitter to confirm he’s picked up a back injury which is going to keep him on the sidelines ‘for a while’.
The youngster posted a photo of him working out in the gym with a message saying:
“Gutted to be out for a while with this back injury.
“I’ll be back stronger.”
Wenger didn’t mention Akpom’s injury at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Burnley on Sunday afternoon but it seems the striker is now facing some time on the treatment table.
Akpom’s injury further limits our options up front as Olivier Giroud continues to miss out with a toe injury that he suffered against Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month.
Gutted to be out for a while with this back injury. Ill be back strongerpic.twitter.com/P6h4f9ccgd
— Chuba Akpom (@cakpom) September 30, 2016