- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
[Tweet] Arsenal attacker ‘out for a while’ with fresh injury concern
Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom has taken to Twitter to confirm he’s set for a spell on the sidelines after suffering a back injury.
Akpom has been looking to force his way in to Arsene Wenger’s first team plans this season after the boss decided against sending him out on loan during the summer transfer window.
The 20-year-old impressed during his only appearance so far this season after playing 83 minutes during our 4-0 victory over Nottingham Forest in the EFL Cup last week.
However, it looks like Akpom’s progress has now been halted as the striker has taken to Twitter to confirm he’s picked up a back injury which is going to keep him on the sidelines ‘for a while’.
The youngster posted a photo of him working out in the gym with a message saying:
“Gutted to be out for a while with this back injury.
“I’ll be back stronger.”
Wenger didn’t mention Akpom’s injury at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Burnley on Sunday afternoon but it seems the striker is now facing some time on the treatment table.
Akpom’s injury further limits our options up front as Olivier Giroud continues to miss out with a toe injury that he suffered against Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month.
Gutted to be out for a while with this back injury. Ill be back strongerpic.twitter.com/P6h4f9ccgd
— Chuba Akpom (@cakpom) September 30, 2016