- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
- Preview: West Ham v Arsenal, team news, Xhaka to start + prediction
- Austrian confirms talks with Arsenal – could he really replace Wenger?
- Wenger confirms fresh injury blow + striker out for 4 more weeks
- Team News: Wenger’s update on Cazorla, Elneny & Giroud
- Giroud & Ramsey start in 4-2-3-1: My Arsenal XI to face West Ham
- Arsenal dealt huge blow after key man ruled out until March 2017
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla, Giroud & Elneny
- Wenger on attackers ‘long term’ serious injury & Welbeck update
Team News: Wenger offers update on Ramsey, Coquelin & Giroud
It’s been another busy day of team and injury news at Arsenal HQ so I thought I’d bring you an update ahead of our trip to Burnley this weekend.
Arsene Wenger gave the latest on Aaron Ramsey, Francis Coquelin and Olivier Giroud during his press conference on Friday morning and overall it was positive news.
The boss confirmed that Coquelin’s knee injury isn’t as bad as first feared and the Frenchman could even make an appearance at Turf Moor on Sunday afternoon.
Coquelin limped out of our 3-0 win over Chelsea last week and was initially ruled out for at least three weeks, however, Wenger says the midfielder had a test today and hasn’t been ruled out of the Burnley game – although the boss does suggest the game will probably come too soon.
There was also a positive update on Ramsey as the 25-year-old is finally expected to make his comeback from a niggling hamstring injury after the upcoming international break.
Ramsey hasn’t featured since the opening weekend of the season and has suffered a couple of setbacks in his recovery but it looks as though the Welshman will be available for selection when we take on Swansea next month.
The only disappointing news is that Giroud is still out with this mystery toe injury that has kept him out of our last four games. The French hitman supposedly picked up the problem during the PSG game, although there was no sign of the injury when he was sent off in stoppage time.
Arsene gave a brief update today after only saying that Giroud is still out, with no suggestion given as to when he’ll be available again. All very strange if you ask me.
Anyway, here is what Wenger told Arsenal.com:
on the team news for Burnley…
Giroud will be out, he will not come back. I think Coquelin is looking much better than we expected, he had a test today but I still think he will be short for Sunday.
on Coquelin’s recovery being much quicker than expected…
Because his ligament was not damaged as we thought. He is keen to start again but we have to be cautious. We have plenty of games coming up but for us now we work in cycles of three, week by week we play three games, so we have done Chelsea, Basel and it’s now to show that we can finish well the week.
on Aaron Ramsey’s injury…
Aaron Ramsey is out of the Wales squad. He should be available after the international break.