- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
- Preview: West Ham v Arsenal, team news, Xhaka to start + prediction
- Austrian confirms talks with Arsenal – could he really replace Wenger?
- Wenger confirms fresh injury blow + striker out for 4 more weeks
- Team News: Wenger’s update on Cazorla, Elneny & Giroud
- Giroud & Ramsey start in 4-2-3-1: My Arsenal XI to face West Ham
- Arsenal dealt huge blow after key man ruled out until March 2017
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla, Giroud & Elneny
- Wenger on attackers ‘long term’ serious injury & Welbeck update
Team News: Wenger confirms injury boost but attacker ruled out
Arsene Wenger has offered a team news and injury update ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Burnley this weekend with the latest on Olivier Giroud and Francis Coquelin.
The boss confirmed that Giroud will once again miss out after failing to recover from a toe injury that’s kept him out of the last four matches against Hull, Nottingham Forest, Chelsea and Basel.
Giroud suffered the injury during the closing stages of our Champions League draw at Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month and will now sit out of Sunday’s clash with Burnley.
Wenger also gave an encouraging update on the fitness of Francis Coquelin with the boss revealing that the Frenchman has made a speedy recovery from his knee injury and could even be back to face Burnley this weekend.
Coquelin limped out of our 3-0 win over Chelsea last weekend and was ruled out for at least three weeks but Arsene says the midfielder has made a swift recovery and will have a late fitness test to see if he’ll be available on Sunday – although the boss feels he will be short.
It’s great news that Coquelin is set to be back far sooner than expected but there is no need to rush him back as we have plenty of options in the middle of the park so I hope we see Granit Xhaka alongside Santi Cazorla on Sunday and let Francis fully recover over the international break.
Wenger: "Giroud will be out. Coquelin is looking much better than we expected. He will have a test today but I think he will be short."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) September 30, 2016