- Confirmed: Arsenal boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Arsenal eyeing £34.5m deal for Portuguese international
- Arsenal trio surprisingly named in BBC Team of the Week
- Arsene Wenger could be banned for Arsenal’s crucial trip to Chelsea
- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
Team News: Wenger confirms injury boost but attacker ruled out
Arsene Wenger has offered a team news and injury update ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Burnley this weekend with the latest on Olivier Giroud and Francis Coquelin.
The boss confirmed that Giroud will once again miss out after failing to recover from a toe injury that’s kept him out of the last four matches against Hull, Nottingham Forest, Chelsea and Basel.
Giroud suffered the injury during the closing stages of our Champions League draw at Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month and will now sit out of Sunday’s clash with Burnley.
Wenger also gave an encouraging update on the fitness of Francis Coquelin with the boss revealing that the Frenchman has made a speedy recovery from his knee injury and could even be back to face Burnley this weekend.
Coquelin limped out of our 3-0 win over Chelsea last weekend and was ruled out for at least three weeks but Arsene says the midfielder has made a swift recovery and will have a late fitness test to see if he’ll be available on Sunday – although the boss feels he will be short.
It’s great news that Coquelin is set to be back far sooner than expected but there is no need to rush him back as we have plenty of options in the middle of the park so I hope we see Granit Xhaka alongside Santi Cazorla on Sunday and let Francis fully recover over the international break.
Wenger: "Giroud will be out. Coquelin is looking much better than we expected. He will have a test today but I think he will be short."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) September 30, 2016