- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
International squads: Arsenal duo selected but quartet overlooked
The latest international break commences after our Premier League clash with Burnley on Sunday afternoon and nations are now starting to name their squad’s.
Arsenal duo Mesut Ozil and Shkodran Mustafi have been called up by Germany but our four Spaniard’s have been overlooked ahead of their World Cup qualifiers next week.
Ozil has continued his superb form this season so it’s no surprises to see him retain his place in the squad for the German’s upcoming double header against Czech Republic and Northern Ireland.
Mustafi has enjoyed an excellent start to life at the Emirates following his big-money move from Valencia in the summer and he’s also been rewarded with a place in Joachim Low’s 22-man squad.
Here is the full squad:
There isn’t such good news for our Spanish players as Santi Cazorla, Hector Bellerin, Nacho Monreal and Lucas Perez have all been left out of the senior Spain squad for their qualifiers against Italy and Albania next week.
Cazorla has been outstanding in the middle of the park while Monreal has continued to impress at left-back but neither player has done enough to force his way in to Julen Lopetegui’s plans.
Perez hasn’t had too many chances to impress in the Arsenal first team following his summer move from Deportivo La Coruna so perhaps it’s not a surprise to see him left out.
However, it’s criminal that Bellerin hasn’t been selected as he’s been in superb form, not only this season but for well over a year now. The youngster has been included in the Spanish under-21′s but there is little doubt he should be in the main squad.