- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Ratings: Walcott shines again but Ozil disappoints in Arsenal win
Theo Walcott scored both goals as Arsenal eased to a 2-0 victory over FC Basel on Champions league match day 2 on Wednesday evening. Here are my ratings:
Not as busy as he was against PSG but still made a couple of decent saves to keep his clean sheet.
Another lung-busting display down the right. Always keen to get forward and create chances.
Superb at the back as he continued to forge a solid partnership with Koscielny.
Made some important interceptions and swept things up at the back.
Decent performance in defence and went close to scoring in the first half.
Kept things moving in midfield and showed his passing range with some lovely balls.
Superb pass in the build-up to the opener in another fine display.
Ozil wasn’t one of the stand-out players which was unusual given how well we played. The German did see plenty of the ball but should have got on the scoresheet after missing a couple of great chances in the first half.
Involved in some good passages of play but out-shone by those around him.
Superb. Great desire to power home the opening goal and great finish to make it 2-0 shortly after. Proving lots of people wrong this season.
Superb cross for Walcott’s first and nice pass to release him for the second. Missed a couple of great chances to get himself on the scoresheet but was excellent once again.
Oxlade-Chamberlain (6), Elneny (6), Gibbs (6)